• Possibilities. Realized.

• Stay Connected

IMG_0179Just because you’ve retired from Cuyamaca, Grossmont or the District doesn’t mean you’ve left the family. We created the Retiree Network to keep you connected. There is no cost to join the Retiree Network.

Invitations to Social Events
    We organize activities designed to promote laughter and community spirit. Social events happen throughout the year and include breakfasts, culinary arts events, theatre performances, an annual homecoming celebration, a holiday party, and more!

Information about Volunteer Opportunities
    All of us have invested years in helping students reach their educational goals. Now you can continue to help by volunteering your time in different departments.

Join the Retiree Network

Check Out Upcoming Retiree Events

Learn about the Retiree Relations Committee

If you would like to get involved with the Retiree Relations Committee or need more information, contact Erich Foeckler at erich.foeckler@gcccd.edu or (619) 644-7652.

• Upcoming Events:

• Danny McKay, Grossmont College

The turning point for Danny McKay came the day he finally paid off the bills from an auto accident that he’d caused while driving drunk. He knew he needed to get an education, but the thought of taking college classes terrified him.

“I didn’t know if I could walk into school and do well,” McKay said. “Coming to school was scary to me.”

McKay, a Santee resident, had joined the Air Force after graduating from high school. But the drug and alcohol addictions that had plagued him in high school continued to haunt him, culminating in a near-fatal crash in which he was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol. After he was honorably discharged from the Air Force, McKay worked to overcome his addictions.

McKay said he found a warm reception after he enrolled at Grossmont College, along with help getting the financial aid he needed to attend college.

“Because of the people and programs here, I was able to dive in. People didn’t judge me,” he said. “If it wasn’t for the professors and the available funds, I wouldn’t have been able to do it.”

McKay was selected as Grossmont College’s valedictorian for 2012 and is now attending Stanford University. In his commencement speech, McKay thanked everyone who had helped him turn his life around.

“It is a direct result of the supportive people on this campus – the students, student leaders, professors, counselors, and staff – that I now have a new purpose, a new life,” McKay said. “Here at Grossmont, our motto is Changing Lives Through Education, something I can humbly affirm and will represent for the rest of my life.”